If you are thinking about moving overseas we are able to help answer any questions you might have about taking your pets with you.
The most important piece of advice we can offer is to start planning early. Depending on where you are moving to, the process can be long with different destinations having different requirements for testing and vaccination.
It is strongly advised that you contact a pet transport agency in the early stages of your planning as they can be a useful source of information about specific countries requirements. A good company can also arrange flights, travel crates and import requirements for your destination.
Requirements For Export to Australia
- Pet must be Micro-chipped
- Pet must have been in New Zealand for 90 days prior to date of export
- For Dogs must have lived in New Zealand or Australia since birth with evidence, if this cannot be proven additional blood tests will be required
- Pet must be at least 8 weeks old at time of export
- Some breeds may not be imported into Australia examples include Pit Bull Terrier & Japanese Tosa
- Pet must not be more than 3 weeks pregnant or suckling young at time of export
- Specific parasite treatment within 72 hours of flying
The final check & certification must be done within 72 hours of flying. We strongly recommend that you and your pet visit us about 1 month before departure. At this appointment we can check your pet health and that they meet all the export requirements and answer any questions you may have.
Click here to go to the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries export page
Click here to go to the UK export web page